There are numerous filing deadlines upcoming related to your 2013 personal and/or self-employed earnings.
- T4s and T5s must be issued by your company and filed with CRA no later than February 28th
- Deadline for contributing to an RRSP for the 2013 tax year is March 3, 2014
- Deadline for filing personal tax returns is April 30, 2014 (note: this has been extended to May 5th)
- Deadline for filing self-employed returns is June 15, 2014 (even if you have some employment income)
- Important! Even though the filing deadline for self-employed returns is June 15, 2014, the deadline for paying amounts owing in April 30, 2014. In other words, you will need to submit a payment to CRA based on a reasonable estimate even if your paperwork is not complete.
Trout Lake Group deadlines:
- Deadline for receiving our clients’ 2013 personal tax information is March 31, 2014. This will give us sufficient time to complete the tax returns. This applies to both “employee” (T4) and self-employed clients.
- We understand clients receiving T3 slips may not receive these until the first week of April.